1. Manufacturing characteristics
The diamond hot-press saw blade is made by cold-pressing the diamond powder of segment with the steel blank and then go through hot-press procedure it in the furnace. This production process is particularly suitable for the manufacture of bulk order for same size small saw blades.
The common diamond hot-press saw blade in the market covers turbo blade, dry cutting blade and continuous blade ranging from ￠105-400mm. The common size is ￠115,125,180,230mm. Regular size of diamond hot-press blade as below :
Table 1 Regular Size of Diamond Hot-press Saw Blade Unit: mm
|Type||Diameter||Segment thickness*height||No.of Segments||
|Dry Cutting Blade
|PS: The thickness mark inside ( ) in continuous blade refer to the thickness of blade for ceramic. The thickness of ￠250，300 blade is 2.0, 2.2mm.|
Hot-press diamond saw blades are widely used in precision processing, decoration, construction projects and others.
Application: Stone(granite, marble, limestone, travertine), Brick (masonry, tile, ceramic), terrazzo,reinforced concrete, green concrete, asphalt. Turbo blades are especially suitable for cured concrete, hard concrete which anti-pressure ＞30N/mm², hard brick which anti-pressure around 17-30N/mm².
（2）Hot-press Blade for Ceramic
Application: Masonry, tile quarry tile, porcelain, ceramic,antique bricks, vitrified tiles, glazed tiles, terrazzo, clay roofing. Chipping will be small after cutting. It is recommended to be wet cut; it can also be used for precision cutting of stone.
Not applicable for glass, reinforced concrete.
（3）Hot-press Blade for Glass
Application: Various hardness glass and jade with small collapse and fine incision; must be wet cut; can also be used for wet precise cutting of stone etc.
（4）Hot-press special blades for high abrasive material
Application: wall groove, concrete, hard brick, engineering brick, asphalt, sandstone, heavy refractory brick, etc., can be dry cut;
Not applicable for stone, bricks, reinforced concrete, glass, porcelain.
4. Matched Machine
Hand-held cutting machine (masonry saw, tile saw, angle grinder), circular hand saw, stone saw, multi-blades tile saw. Refer to Table 2. for cutting machine power and speed selection.
Table 2.Power/R.P.M for Hot-press Blade
|Diameter (mm)||Power (kw)||R.P.M||Max.Cutting Depth (mm)|
The appearance of the saw blade: the base and the tip of the cutter must be small and no deformation is allowed; the saw blade has a large rigidity and cannot be soft; the roundness and concentricity of the segment are high; the segment should be sharp.
Quality of blade: smooth, brisk, sharp, not get stuck after cutting; the segments should be firm, strong, trimming edge should be neat and not collapsed;
Note: Read the instructions carefully:; Take preventive measures:
The cutting machine must be equipped with a protective cover, the assembly should be firm and correct, No bump, impact or lateral force is allowed while cutting. No curve cutting or grinding , wet cut are always more preferable.
6. Performance (for reference only):
(1) The performance index of the superior grade hot press saw blade sheet specified by one company: see Table 3.
Table 3. Performance indicators of a superior grade and other grades
hot press saw blade coefficient
|Blade level||Saw blade shape||Specifications||Efficiency (coefficient)||Life (coefficient)
|Fine tooth turbo saw blade||￠105～130||≥4 cm2/sec （1）
|≥2 m2/mm （1）
|￠150～230||≥4.8 cm2/sec （1.2）||≥2.8 m2/mm （1.4）|
|Segmented saw blade||￠105～130||≥3.6 cm2/sec （0.9）||≥2.4 m2/mm （1.2）|
|Continues saw blade||￠105～130||≥3.2cm2/sec （0.8）||≥2.8m2/mm （1.4）|
1. The cutting machine parameters sets according to Table 2;
2. The stone sample: thickness is 20mm, medium hard granite, such as 635;
3. The coefficient in parentheses is based on the superior-grade Dia105～130 Fine-toothed turbo saw blade;
4. All testing goes on with the same shape and the same specification blades , the standard saw blade coefficient with: efficiency 0.85, life expectancy 0.85; economic saw blade coefficient with efficiency 0.6, life expectancy 0.7.
- A superior grade ¢125*H10 fine-toothed turbine blade dry cut Shanxi black:
(3) A superior grade *230*H10 fine-toothed turbo blade dry cut Shanxi black: Makita cutting machine 220V, 2kw, 6600r.pm, Shanxi black 310*14, average efficiency of 14.4′′ / knife (≈3.01cm/sec ), feels good, the head is not black.